Car Sharing or Car Pooling is when two or more people share a car and travel together rather than driving alone. You can take turns to drive or alternatively passenger(s) can pay the driver a contribution towards the running costs of the vehicle.
More than 80% of people who commute to work by car do so alone, yet most live in the same towns and villages as many of their colleagues. With a little forethought, many of these journeys can be combined. Sharing a journey with someone, just once a week, could reduce commuting car journeys by 20%.
Not everyone has to own a car to take part. Car owners can offer lifts to other members who perhaps don't have access to a car.
Car sharing offers lots of benefits for you, your family, your employer, your community and the environment:
- save money compared to driving alone
- share the stress of driving
- relieve the boredom of the daily commute
- may reduce the need for private car ownership
- free up more space in the company car park
- help to reduce traffic congestion and pollution
- reduce your carbon footprint
To find out if there are other members who you could car share with, go to the "Register" page and complete just a few details about where and when you wish to travel.
Give it a go - go together. Register now - it's FREE!