Safety Tips for Travelling
When it comes to travelling, every member is responsible for his or her own safety. We recommend that members follow some basic security measures outlined below.
- Do not give your home address or telephone number to your travelling companion before you meet them.
- Always arrange to meet for the first time in a public place.
- Ask to see photographic identification (e.g. your employee pass, passport or driving licence), so you know that you're travelling with the right person.
- Tell a friend or family member details about who you will be travelling with, when you will be travelling and to where.
- Let your friend or family member know that you have arrived safely upon completion of your journey.
- Make sure that you let your car share partner(s) know in good time if you cannot make the agreed journey or if you are going to be delayed.
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving. Park in a safe place and make the call.
- You are under no obligation to go ahead with any car share journey. If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, you should not travel with them.
- If you have any problems or concerns about car sharing, then please contact us immediately and we will try to help in any way that we can.